Thursday, September 16, 2004

Chapter 18.9: Birthday wishes to an old friend

An old friend, Mark, will turn 36 tomorrow. I've not spoken with him in more than a year. It's my fault; I simply haven't called.

He and his wife invited us to a party around July 4 (2003). I don't think I even RSVP'd, though we were to be out of town that weekend. My life has been so busy, but that's hardly a good excuse. Maybe we've grown apart over the years. That's not any better of an excuse, though it's probably more understandable by other people.

I'll call him and see how life has gone. "Catch up," as the cliché goes. I hope all is well, and I know I'm being truthful in that remark. If nothing else, I want to say "Happy birthday" and that he was on my mind. No matter where we go in life, we carry the memories our brains are capable of holding. It seems fair to let him know he's in mine.

No comments: