Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Chapter 56.4: The Mouths of Babes

While I was waiting for the PATH train to embark this morning and braving the cold breeze that came in through the open doors, a mother and a small, crying child walked in. I couldn't see them through the other people standing, but I could hear his blubbering. I could barely make out the words through his crocodile tears. I wasn't sure whether his mother had taken something from him or swatted him -- possibly both. Then some words came through "...broke it." blubber blubber blubber. "You broke my head" ... blubber blubber "...broke my fucking head!"

I chuckled to myself, hoping I'd mis-heard the words. Soon after, the kid stopped crying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Matt,

Your weblog was visited at random. This post has been archived at the BlogBiting Archives.

Yours truly,
Blogbiter