Friday, May 09, 2008

Chapter 75.9: Re-Energized

It's rainy and miserable outside, I've not had my supper yet, and I am daunted by the great number of things I hope to accomplish during the weekend and the challenges that face me at work next week. So why do I feel so energetic?

I won't go through all the details, but I feel like I'm accomplishing things. The book is moving along again and will soon be ready to venture out on its own, tapping on the shoulders of agents and trying to call attention to itself. They're so cute when they're precocious. While I had my difficulties on the train this week with balky outlets that refused to power my laptop, I still was able to make headway on these final edits.

I also received a nice comment on The Elephant's Bookshelf on a post from last August. Little things like that make me smile ... hint hint hint.

Perhaps I won't get into the 200s with my final revisions tomorrow. I might not run as many miles as I intend in the morning. Who knows, I might forget to change the storm windows or clean out my car. The Mets might lose. I may have to perform CPR on Sunday. But for now, on Friday night, before I've poured a smooth dram of scotch, the weekend is looking good. Clear!

No comments: