Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chapter 78: Eureka! I've Found It!

I know I'm a little odd at times, but I have to admit I really enjoy a silly little show on the Sci Fi channel. Perhaps it's because of my family genetics, but I love Eureka, which is premiering its third season on Tuesday. From the infectious opening theme to the delightfully off-center characters in the town full of scientists and geniuses, I look forward to the whole thing. Even the new line of commercials that parody home shopping shows are clever. And I usually hate commercials that I've seen over and over again.

There are smarter shows out there, and it can be predictable, but there's something about this fictional town and the people that live there that make me happy. If you enjoyed Northern Exposure (one of my all time favorites) back in the early '90s, then I think you'll find a new home in Eureka.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like this show, check out a show called "Burn Notice" on USA. You can go to the website and download the first three episodes of this season (2nd) and check out the first season! It is probably one of the best shows on TV right now behind Mad Men and Eureka.

Matt Sinclair said...

Thanks, Jaimie. I vaguely remember hearing about that show, but I've not seen it. If it inlcudes well written characters and interesting story lines, I'm willing to watch.

Anonymous said...

Burn Notice is phenominal! Its said to be between a Magnum PI(where the show is narrated to some extent by the main charactor Michael) & McGyver because the team of "spies" do all sorts of McGyver kind of moves to get out of scrapes. VERY much worth watching. Have not seen Eureka yet but think I may have to watch an episode or two since you recommend it! Enjoy! Cammy