Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chapter 82.4: Matt Recommends - Diaper Genie

Everyone knows the three basic functions of an infant: eating, sleeping, and pooping. Well, as far as I can tell, you can't get through that last function without a hygenic place to send the diapers. Enter Diaper Genie.

The idea behind Diaper Genie is simple: store diapers without letting the stink leak out into the air. With newborns, it's hard to say how much the scented Diaper Genie bag covers the odor, but I've not noticed a stink yet, so I take that as a positive. Working with Diaper Genie is easy too, though I'll admit it wasn't so obvious to set up when I first put it together. Mind you I was looking at the real possibility of tossing the dirty items in a supermarket baggie otherwise.

The disposal is a silo that stores a couple dozen diapers at a time, which are twisted to section off each diaper, leading to a string of pearls when it's time to toss them out.

Simple, efficient, and oh my dear, so necessary. Diaper Genie should be in the homes of every new parent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that I couldn't get the bag to spin around properly to seal in the stink. Have they improved it? Maybe I was too impatient back 'in the day'.

Matt Sinclair said...

So far, so good. But my girls are still young. Perhaps they've not yet produced poop powerful enough for its stink to cut through plastic.