Friday, May 13, 2005

Chapter 35.7: Nearly Done

Perhaps I'm being premature, but I think I'll finish the initial proofing/editing of the novel before the weekend is complete. At the moment, I'm in the last 40 pages. I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, however, so if I don't get it done I'm not going to bang myself over the head with anything dangerous.

I see this portion of the effort two-fold: first I have the proofing and my suggestions to myself, second is the implementation. I have several sections I know I want to rewrite partially. Plus, I have scenes to create. There's lots of areas in which I'm not pleased with my description or lack thereof. Long story short: I've still got a lot of work to do before I print it out again and let Maureen read it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to take some days off next week as I'm planning. If I have time to get on the computer, then I'll put the time in and finish it. But Maureen's first generation of her company's Web site is just days away from launching, so she has first dibs on the computer.

I think we both have long-awaited projects just itching to see the light of day.

No comments: