Monday, October 09, 2006

Chapter 49.5: Second Round

I didn't do too well in my predictions; my only correct one was the Mets. But I'm pleased. Obviously, my Mets are my first choice for winning the World Series. And I think they have a better shot against the Cardinals' pitching than the Padres' bullpen. But if their pen had been better, they might still be playing. So throw that out the window. The Mets still have problems ahead because their pitching is as beat up as the Cards' is. But it's likely they'll only face Chris Carpenter once as a starter (though game 7 isn't impossible).

My predictions: Mets 4-2

The ALCS is harder to predict. I didn't expect the A's to respond as well as they did, nor did I expect them to shut down the Twins hitters so effectively. I've not looked at how the Tigers pitchers fared against Oakland during the season, but this has the makings of a great series. Tigers 4-3.

No comments: