Sunday, November 12, 2006

Chapter 50.8: Where Is Everybody?

Another one bites the dust before the dust from the midterm elections has settled. Mark Feingold has decided not to run for president in 2008. Mark Warner has done the same, and it seems unlikely (though not impossible) for George Allen to run -- of course, having lost in a re-election bid doesn't bode too well for the future.

It's still somewhat early. I've heard rumors that Al Gore has put together his old team, but I've not confirmed that with any sources, and I wouldn't trust a Web site by itself. Personally, I'm not sure that really strikes me as a good thing either.

Obviously, the parties aren't giving up, but candidates from both sides have been falling by the wayside. McCain's all but said he's running, everyone assumes Hillary is running. And questions remain about whether Giuliani is going to run. In the meantime, there's actually a country to run.

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen during the first few months of the new congress. That's when any governing will happen. It'll be nice to see if someone comes as a leader out of the congress.

No comments: