Thursday, October 02, 2008

Chapter 79.8: Playoff Predictions

Ok, I'm a little late on this, but honestly this is what I thought before the games began:

AL
Red Sox vs. Angels: Angels in five. I believe their pitching is simply better than what the Red Sox can muster at this point. And Papelbon hasn't been as sharp lately, which must concern Red Sox Nation.

White Sox vs. Rays: Rays in four. With apologies to my friends in Chicago, I don't think there'll be a Windy City World Series because the Rays, while young and inexperienced, are simply too darn talented. And rested. But those Sox have pluck. They should be able to take at least one.

NL
Phillies vs. Brewers: Phils in four. I'd like to root for the Brewers, since the Phillies are the Mets' chief rivals these days. But I just don't see how the Brewers can do it with CC and God Save Us! as their pitching staff.

Dodgers vs. Cubs: Cubs in five. Ok, here's the one that got affected by last night's game. I honestly was surprised that the Dodgers beat Dempster, so instead of my prediction of Cubs in four, I've added a game. But this could easily be proven wrong. The Dodgers are almost as hot as the Rockies were last year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No apology necessary...when the White Sox whip Tampa we'll be waiting for your new predictions...(keeping fingers and anything else crossed for good luck!!)BIG SMILES!!!

Anonymous said...

ok we may have to rethink our original vote....LOL But of course loyalty and emotions play into our vote for the White Sox AND they DID come out last night and beat the Rays (and may I say a job well done). We honestly think they will win today's game because they seem to do much better on their own turf (everyone hates the Rays turf-even the Rays themselves!) but you know what....if it comes down to that one game to decide....it will be played in Tampa and I don't think our WS will win. So I'm changing my vote (reluctantly) to Tampa (PLEASE don't tell Frank!!!)

Matt Sinclair said...

Your secret is safe with me -- and potentially the rest of the world ;-)

Anonymous said...

ok Matt-it's now Tuesday (10/07/08) and I can not tell you the disappointment we feel here in Chicagoland. We honestly thought it was a done deal that the WS would at least win the 2 games here at home, forcing the 5th game! What a let down BUT at the same time (without sounding like we're making excuses) the WS did very well considering all the obsticles they had to overcome with injuries! Oh well next year...I now conceed [sic] that the Rays may take this all the way and I hope they do-they deserve it for sure!