Sunday, August 01, 2010

Rediscovered Quote

I'm in the midst of cleaning a desk and found several old notebooks from conferences I covered as a reporter. Written on the inside cover was this quote. It's probably not mine, but I'll claim it if no one else will. It sounds like something I'd write.

If you stand around waiting for destiny, you will only meet fate.

It seems appropriate today, as we start a new month. I've had a sense of destiny lately. Some things are clicking, and the revisions of my "completed" manuscript are moving ahead nicely, though I've put the work-in-progress on hold for the summer. Of course, as we discussed in a previous post, we're always writing and I know of some significant changes I'll be making to that manuscript once I return, and I'm sure it'll be much improved.

So, welcome to August, friends and fellow writers. What are you working on?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another month come and gone and I can't help but feel a little depressed. Although, I feel like that on a day to day basis. I am currently working on my 6 novel (prior novels unfinished) It is the bane of my exsistance but I love it so. Thanks for following.

Matt Sinclair said...

I've dealt with such challenges, too. My "finished" manuscript is undergoing what I believe is its last revisions before it visits agents. We'll see how that goes.

BTW, you may also like my other blog, the Elephant's Bookshelf, which is geared toward writers and readers. http://elephantsbookshelf.blogspot.com