Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Chapter 89: Ok, I'm Not Going Away After All

Stay tuned. I've decided not to let this blog get lost in my back pocket and crinkled up in the wash, after all. Coming soon: my picks for the 2011 baseball season. But first, some reader participation.

In the past couple days, I've added followers, despite my most recent post saying I'm going on hiatus. I can only imagine it's because readers have found The Elephant's Bookshelf interesting and wonder what else I might have to say. Since the previous post, I also took the plunge and bought a Website address, MWSinclair.com, which is still being developed but which will serve as my journalism and fiction-writing home, and I'll link to both blogs there.

For those who are relatively new, the Coffee Cup was designed to be undesigned. Slightly less vaguely, I created it to be a place where I might ruminate over my morning cup of coffee. In fact, check out this interview I did with Victoria Dixon who blogs at Ron Empress, to see what I intended for this blog and the Elephant's Bookshelf.

And feel free to suggest anything you'd like to see here or on the Bookshelf. I'm a full-time writer, after all, which means I have an opinion on things, and sometimes I even share them.

Welcome back!

4 comments:

writing and living by Richard P Hughes said...

I'm glad you've decided to "restart" your blog. It's an important piece of equipment for us writers. I'm looking forward to your posts.

Matt Sinclair said...

Thanks very much, Richard. With regard to this blog, I'm in a rethinking mode. I suspect I'll sport a new background and perhaps add some things. But what I really want to do is encourage more people like you to comment and join a conversation. Thanks for being the first comment in this new era!

BobSinc said...

You can begin and end your baseball picks with the Boston Red Sox. Place the Yankees third, behind Showalter's Orioles.

Matt Sinclair said...

You've already stolen one of my sleepers. Curse you, Red Baron!

I'm in the midst of "penning" my picks. I intend to have a surprise in the AL West, too, though it may not be too big a surprise.