Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Chapter 19.4: Family Connections

I'm back and in the few moments I have today to jot in a blog entry, I reflect on the past weekend rather than the week that preceded it. Maureen and I and her siblings and their spouses and families got together to celebrate the 50 years of Maureen's parents' marriage. Congratulations to them, and I'm so pleased we were able to all come together. Plus, my parents came down to help celebrate the event. It was great to see them, too, and to introduce them to my sisters-in-law that they haven't met. The day was really about family and maintaining strong connections.

My mom said she didn't want anything like the party we just had -- in terms of size and seeming extravagence, I presume. But, God willing, when my parents arrive at that milestone, I think they'll deserve a celebration too. We have some time to consider it, however.

On another note: I think Maureen's siblings are recognizing that I actually intend to finish my novel. When I suggested that I might have one or two of them serve as readers for the book, they weren't too keen on the idea. My chief concern is that my depiction of the artist in the novel rings true, so I hope Bobby will at least be able to read some of it -- preferably all of it.

One way or the other, I'll make sure this book is an honest portrayal of the characters in their element.

No comments: