Friday, August 24, 2007

Chapter 66.1: Welcome, Mudslide McBride!


Today has been a good day. Sometime this morning, my niece was born. Her parents, fine upstanding people of Irish descent, have named her Bailey. While I don't know whether it's a refernce to the chocolate cream drink -- the key ingredient in a mudslide (frozen or otherwise), I'm thinking it could be. So, I have taken to calling this young girl, who I've not yet met in the flesh, "Mudslide" McBride. I predict she'll be a high school soccer star, unafraid to slide-tackle a wing on the run, and smart enough to succeed in whatever she chooses to do.

Welcome to the world, little girl. Uncle Matt raises his glass to you. And he's been calling you Mudslide McBride since the day you were born!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Maureen! And a great name no matter who or what she was named after!
Frank & Cammy