Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Chapter 71: Post-Christmas Wake-Up Call


I hope everyone out there who celebrates Christmas had a wonderful holiday. I know we sure did! I got a bit too comfortable sleeping past 6:15, so this morning was a little difficult. But it's back to the grind for the rest of the week.

The Christmas holiday weekend was quite busy, and I won't bore those five or six readers out there with the gory details. (If you want gory details, read the Charlie Parker books by John Connolly. I'm nearly finished with the first one, published in 1999, and I'm amazed at how well he structures the plot and develops the characters. He's fantastic!) But my legs and mind are tired, so I'll save my deeper thinking for this coming weekend, when my siblings and I will get a head start on a New Year's resolution to write together.

If you've happened upon this site or the Elephant's Bookshelf because you're a fellow writer, feel free to suggest ways to get a group of talented, imaginative people of different levels of writing experience to work together on exercises and develop as a writing group. I'd love to hear from you, because I'm new at the group thing. Writing's usually a pretty solitary task for me.

No comments: