Friday, May 28, 2004

Chapter 5: Slow Down

The holiday weekend is upon us, and Maureen and I actually should have some time to ourselves. The sun is starting to peek out and dry the rain-drenched streets. Steam is rising off the asphalt. Predictions for a pleasant weekend leave us hopeful.

It has been a busy week, having conducted several interviews (and several more to go next week), finishing one article, writing 1000+ words for another, and getting ready for yet another two or three when we return after Memorial Day. I have to finish everything before next weekend's family reunion on Shelter Island, which I'm looking forward to.

But the weekend will be about catching up on important things: time with Maureen, car care, sleep, lawn care, baseball, sleep, writing, reading, sleep.

I'm way short on my personal deadline for chapters 13-24 of the novel. I expect to get a chapter or three into shape over these days. I'll also put in some time to learn what more I can do on this blog to make it more than a journal of idle thoughts.

But, as I said, the weekend is upon us. Time to go.

No comments: