Thursday, July 08, 2004

Chapter 12.5: Softball and Hardball

Last night we lost a tough game in the modified league. We only had three hits going into the final inning; one was my infield hit. But in the last inning we got the bases loaded and were down 5-2. I was up and no one was out. I lined a 2-2 pitch off the pitcher's hand. The run scored, but I was thrown out in what I still insist was a bad call. Still, at 5-3 with second and third things weren't completely bleak. Our next hitter lined out to the third baseman. Unfortunately, the fielder picked off our pitcher -- who'd hit a homer already -- at second to end the game. It was a bad play on his part, but we wouldn't have been close without his strong pitching.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll be umpiring baseball. I don't know if I'm by myself tonight or not. That could be difficult, though I trust everything will go fine. I've done it before.

No comments: