Thursday, March 01, 2007

Chapter 57.3: Just a Fantasy

Another year, another baseball season. Today I selected my keepers for my fantasy baseball team, which I play against guys from work. The first spring training games have started in Florida and Arizona, and I'm starting to feel the annual baseball fever take hold of me. I haven't studied players statistics to determine who I want to shoot for in our draft next weekend, but I probably will devote some time to it this year.

Despite all the steroid problems and the outlandish salaries, baseball remains a beautiful game. I still enjoy watching high school games and various levels of Little League. Hopefully, I'll umpire a few games on weekends this year. I believe that no matter how old I get, there'll still be a part of me that remains young and in love with the sport, like it's my first girlfriend. (Damn, we had fun!) Perhaps, when I hit 80, I'll have had enough, but I doubt it.

No comments: