Sunday, March 11, 2007

Chapter 58.25: Once Bitten

Got an odd post to this blog earlier today. Apparently, my details of the minutest of trivia impressed (or irritated) someone enough for them to clip it and post it on their site, which is called A Hapless Archive of the Blogosphere. I'm not really sure how I feel about that, but what can you do? It's like repeating someone else's conversation you overheard in a bar. We're all here in the public domain, so if you can't deal with it, leave.

On the other hand, the moment that this person plucked -- or "bit," as they call it (blogbiting) -- was a funny moment I'd observed. And by spreading it out to another blog (which seems to have about as many visitors as mine), it elevates that mundane moment to ... hell, who am I kidding? it's still mundane.

Lord knows, if this person feels like finding more moments of complete trivia, my blog is filled with them. They're the moments of a day that for some reason I feel should be remembered; but I know I'd probably forget about them otherwise. I guess it's human nature to collect trivia. Lord knows I've seen it enough in other people and myself. Blogbiting seems like just another example. Let's see how long it takes to gather dust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It probably was just a random blogbite, just as was written. But then, are there really any true coincidences in life?

From you know who.