Friday, June 18, 2004

Chapter 9: Making progress

The night has been miserable, with humidity and bad movies. I'd never seen Jaws III The Revenge all the way through before. I wasn't missing anything. At least one of the scenes looks like film from the dailies, another scene gives the impression it's been spliced in from the wrong section of film. The tail of the shark is ripping apart. And I'm not even getting into the acting and script! Truly bad cinema.

Afterward, Maureen dragged the fan into the living room and I went into the office to write. I've finally returned to the original 240+ pages I'd originally written for this novel and plucked out what was then chapter 5 and placed it in as chapter 14. There's some continuity issues I need to address, which I'll get to tomorrow. I'm pleased to see the book taking better shape, however.

No comments: