Thursday, January 06, 2005

Chapter 30.4: Thanks For Trying

I'm sure we all knew no election change would come from the rare decision by a senator to contest the electoral certification of President Bush's victory, but I'm glad Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., did it. Of course, if there was ever a time it should have been done it was four years ago, but that's ancient history now.

The repercussions of Sen. Boxer's objection, however, will be interesting to watch. I was also intrigued by Sen. Kerry's obviously purposeful absence. He's reportedly in Iraq. Should it be interpreted as his first step toward running again in 2008? Was he aware of Boxer's impending objection and he chose to be out of town? I don't know. But I don't think it was an idle decision.

Politics as usual in 21st century America.

No comments: