Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Chapter 31.5: Deadlines Approaching

Well, at close of writing tonight, I've hit 334 pages. I like that number; it's like an excellent batting average. I also crept over 100,000 words, which I can't concern myself over yet; there's too much still to write. The next chapter, sequentially, is one of the key chapters in the book, so I might hold off till Saturday to write that one (and move past it for now). I'll have more time and probably more energy. It's a crucial confrontation between father and daughter.

There are other deadlines I'll meet this weekend as well, and I'll need to spend some time in the library. But I still feel good. Calm before the storm? Who cares. I've got work to complete, and I've wasted enough time speculating on the future.

No comments: