Monday, April 25, 2005

Chapter 34.55: Progress Report

Amazing what a day can do. Despite four calls during squad today and a softball practice, as well as working some of the items I needed to do for the Scottish organization, I was able to read/edit my book to page 260. I'm two-thirds of the way through it, and pleased to say the middle third was pretty readable. Flaws remain, of course, but overall I was pleased with what I read -- espcially considering I'd forgotten that I wrote much of it. I found myself chuckling at character interactions, finding less superfluous back story to trim, and scribbling fewer red marks on the pages. I still fear I know these characters so well that I'm not describing them well enough for readers other than me. It's not yet publishable, but it seems like it's getting closer.

No comments: