Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Chapter 23.2: More Mess From Texas

It's just not right! Can't that moron from Texas simply go away. I don't mean President Bush this time, but rather it's Roger Clemens. He just won his seventh Cy Young Award -- his first in the National League. I recognize he had a fine season, but with his victory and with Randy Johnson's second place finish, I'm starting to wonder if the major league baseball writers have gotten too lazy.

My view of the season was that Clemens had a great first half and then faded in the second half. I admit I didn't watch many Astros games, so I could be wrong in this assessement. Honestly, I don't like Clemens, and that has more to do with my disgust than claiming his teammate Roy Oswalt was more deserving. I respect Clemens's ability and his dedication to the game and the craft of pitching. I just want him to take his Cy Young Awards and go away. Maybe he'll do that now, but I don't expect him to go out on games in Japan. He wants that World Series ring with Houston. I think he'll be back.

No comments: