Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Chapter 25.3: Turkey Time

For all my friends and family and to those few readers I don't personally know who visit this blog, I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving. I realize this is a potentially world-wide audience, including people who don't celebrate Thanksgiving and who possibly have never eaten a turkey. For those people, I wish you a happy day of being thankful for what you have in life.

I love Thanksgiving. It's not a religious holiday, there's no stress of buying the "perfect" gift for someone. It's about getting together with people who matter in your life. It doesn't have to be politically correct -- those morons who argue that not eating turkey is somehow "un-American" aside. I miss playing touch football in the morning or early afternoon and topping it off with a bottle or three of Bass, but on goes life. And there's usually tasty leftovers.

So, whoever you are, enjoy.

1 comment:

Matt Sinclair said...

This joke was sent to me from a friend. I won't post her name because I didn't ask her permission to add this joke on the blog, though I don't think the joke would reflect poorly on her.

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's
mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried
to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words,
playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the
bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet.

Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out
onto John's outstretched arms and said,

"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions.
I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions, and I fully
intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable
behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about
to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior,
the bird continued,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"