Monday, November 29, 2004

Chapter 26: Home Stretch

The Thanksgiving holiday allowed me to progress on the novel. In addition to getting beyond 260 pages, I also "finalized" my map of the rest of the book. While I don't know how many pages each chapter will be, I now envision it being completed in 72 chapters. I have 44 done at this point, with a couple incomplete ones later in the book.

My deadline for finishing the first draft by the end of the year now requires roughly a chapter a day, which is difficult for me during the best of months, but nearly impossible when I need to also prepare for Christmas and my full-time job. Yet, I'm pleased to have a clearer vision of the future. If it takes me until mid-January to finish the first draft, so be it, because my goal remains the same: finish the novel as soon as possible.

It could end up over 400 pages now, though I expect that after editing and revision I'll end up with a tight 360 pages or so.

No comments: