Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Chapter 25.2: For Those Who Care

I had a good night of writing last night, creating a new chapter and further developing one of the previously written ones. I now have 234 pages of novel in the hopper. That's more than 68,000 words. With at least 100 pages left, I still have much work to do, but I'm starting to see the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, that's just a new path into another tunnel, one with other lighting sources and a map with a legend in a language I barely speak. I still have no guarantees I'll get out of it alive (published, that is).

My goal is still to have the novel's first full draft completed at the end of 2004. From there, I've got significant editing to do. I intend to follow the guidance in Stephen King's "On Writing" with regard to the revision process and putting the novel aside as I start the second. Frankly, I'm excited and eager to get working on a different story than the one that's crept around my head since 1995.

At least the second novel only emerged in my brain in the past 12 months. (Unless I start the other one that I thought of two years ago, or the fourth that I believe would be a better screenplay, that arose four years ago.) Lots of work to do.

No comments: