Monday, November 22, 2004

Chapter 25.25: Diary of a Recent Home Owner

Ok, so I've owned a home for more than three years. I've finally begun some actual home fixing projects. Nothing too large and nothing that deserves any praise, faint or otherwise. But I replaced the kitchen faucet on Friday. I feel proud of it, not because I did something particularly difficult (it's not), but because I actually did it.

I feel inept watching the various home shows on television and seeing that I too should be able to accomplish these projects. Before Friday, the extent of my home repairs was limited to a mediocre caulking job I did around the tub.

My point of blogging about it, however, is that it seems like an apt metaphor for my writing. I know I can do it. I can even do it well. But without putting the time in, things are just going to deteriorate.

No comments: